Parkside is looking for a self-motivated, technically savvy QA Engineer to join our growing Product Development team. As an advocate and driver of quality, the successful candidate will educate and motivate the organization in continuously improving practices while manually testing new functionality.
Our Engineering Team enjoys being productive using modern Agile/Kanban techniques to deliver value to our customers on a sustainable cadence. We are looking for a QA with strong technical and communication skills to help our business succeed. Come join us!
- Coordinate and help conduct the quality and testing effort across multiple product teams and/or micro-services.
- Assist Engineering, Product and CloudOps in the planning, scheduling and execution of tasks.
- Manual testing of new functionality.
- Promote architecting for testability within the development process.
- Create, review, execute and maintain test suites.
- Proactively recommend process and tool improvements.
- Work with software engineers to define and implement QA and unit test plans, including dependency analysis, code coverage, and use cases.
- Help maintain test environments.
- Keep management abreast of risks and quality issues and how they will impact the business.
- Improve software quality through testing and advocacy, with a constant focus on the customer experience.
- Using strong interpersonal and communication skills, share best practices with the Product Development Team and potentially larger audiences.
Required skills and experience
- 7+ years in QA role.
- Experience testing high transactional micro-services architecture.
- Experience testing mobile and web applications.
- Willingness to work in a Lean-Kanban development framework.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including isolating bugs in complex code.
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven – must have constant attention to detail.
- Ability to think independently and take initiative to make the project succeed.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required; must be able to represent QA to internal and external customers and vendors.
Desired skills and experience
- Domain knowledge in stock brokerage business and willingness to analyze regulations and rules.
- Experience working in agile/iterative product lifecycle.
- Experience developing and designing test automation frameworks,
- AWS Cloud Services, Docker, TerraForm, Kubernetes, GraphQL, Cognitect Datomic, or any part of our tech stack.
- Flutter for mobile testing
- Apache Kafka
- Cognitect Datomic