Parkside Technologies is simplifying global access to US stocks through regulatory innovation and modern technology. Parkside's mission is to provide access to US stocks for individuals around the world - starting with Asia. Soon, you can invest globally using your local currency and no minimums.
Parkside’s engineering team is building the world’s most modern trading platform. You’ll be working primarily with our Cloud Operations team that is making use of the latest tools and technologies to deliver a highly scalable and resilient trading platform. You’ll also be working cross-functionally with our value-oriented, autonomous application engineering teams. You will support them as they work on building out a trading platform that is the first of its kind as a purpose-built, ground-up platform for the underserved global investor, no matter how small the transaction or account balance. Our team culture is focused around teams that empathize deeply with our customers and have all of the skills and tools necessary to deliver what is most important to our customer autonomously.
You’re a highly driven candidate who is comfortable and excited to be working around emerging technologies. You thrive in a startup environment by wearing many hats and adapting to our organization’s ever-changing needs. Along with a strong grasp of Lean methodologies, you understand why and when process adds value and when it doesn’t. You’re a driver of continuous improvement and helping teams mature in how they attack our company priorities. You’ve got experience working with cloud technology teams and have a sense of curiosity that always leaves you wanting to learn more.
As the face of Parkside with our various technology partners, you’re comfortable in conversations with external parties and effective at making sure we achieve shared context and priorities.
By bringing your infectious enthusiasm each day, you keep the team energized and positive. You thrive in aligning team members to our shared mission to navigate critical conversations.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Lead: You align the teams you work with to our company priorities. You do so in a manner that allows them to focus, efficiently completing tasks in a manner that still allows for us to rapidly change priorities without disruption.
- Drive: We know we must continually inspect and adapt ourselves to stay ahead of the competition. You will drive a culture of continuous improvement with your team - measuring, inspecting, and adapting. By watching for emerging trends, you will see problems before others and bring creative solutions to the table when opportunities for improvement arise.
- Communicate: Risks and blockers are identified early and communicated to the appropriate parties. You will provide transparency and ongoing visibility into roadmap progress and team health to the rest of the organization.
- Strategize: By proactively inspecting our roadmap, you will help us mitigate any inter-team or inter-organization dependencies so our teams can stay focused on value creation. You will be a trusted voice in composing and adjusting our enterprise roadmap.
- Coordinate: You will help foster communication and visibility in proactively managing dependencies, making sure all parties understand priorities and timelines.
- Influence: External and internal parties will gain trust in you as a partner, and will highly value your input when you advocate for our mutual success.
- Triage: You are adept at quickly decomposing problems and understanding who needs to be engaged to see them through to solutions.
Why You’re the Perfect Fit
- You've led software or infrastructure projects before and can guide complex initiatives to the finish line.
- You prioritize tasks, mitigate risks, estimate timelines, and maximize team flow to keep projects moving.
- You effectively balance interrupts with long-term roadmap work and understand how to facilitate focus in such an environment.
- You are comfortable communicating with your highly technical teammates as well as business leaders and can effectively bridge gaps in understanding across diverse parties.
- You quickly identify a solution that is misaligned with our priorities and business context and know how to push back when appropriate.
- You strive to fill the gaps between business requirements and engineering and are not afraid to suggest reasonable workarounds when necessary.
- You take complicated technical problems and synthesize them into their key points.
- You are a provider of clarity, and always bring focus to what's important.
- You are a super high-energy individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- 3+ years of experience as a Technical Project Manager
- Strong advocate and practitioner of Lean Kanban project management
- Experience in managing projects with a geographically dispersed team
- Fintech experience, or a keen interest to learn about our business
- Experience working with Infosec projects is a plus
- A high-level understanding of the key components of our tech stack:
- Infrastructure as Code
- KafkaStreams Microservices